It’s the end of our financial year at Excel Vending and we are absolutely delighted with the results, as our 24th year of business has been a record year for us, with an incredible growth of over 10% on turnover. It’s definitely a cause for celebration but it didn’t happen by accident and our most successful year yet is down to hard work, dedication to service, commitment to growth and last but by no means least – our fantastic team.
As a forward thinking company, we’ve always believed in early adoption and continuous investment in the latest vending technology but the key to our success has always been our excellent team. We know that investing in our staff over the years has helped to establish our exceptional reputation for customer service and cultivated strong relationships with the top food and drinks suppliers in the country, allowing us to continually provide what our customers want, exactly when they need it.
Excel are committed to growth but we don’t believe it should be at the detriment of the service we provide to our current customers, and that’s why we continue to invest in the logistics and staffing required to maintain our high level of service. We currently have more full time engineers than any other independent vending supplier in Scotland – meaning we often exceed our agreed response time. It’s business decisions like these that have made us one of the leading vending companies in the country.
So, what has the past year looked like at Excel Vending?
- In January we were awarded accreditation from Alcumus SafeContractor for achieving excellence in health and safety in the workplace.
- We’ve enjoyed several major client wins in the education and distribution sectors.
- We’ve continued to help consumers make healthier snacking choices by adding the latest nutritionally beneficial products to our Healthy Vending range such as crunchy lentil crisps Super Moons.
- Excel have been at the forefront of the environmentally friendly reverse vending initiative, installing the first 360 degree recognition reverse vending machine in Scotland in our showroom in May.
- We won Business of the Year at the Glasgow Awards in June.
- The team have celebrated several milestone birthdays between them – that’s a lot of cake!
- We’ve used social media to listen to and gain valuable feedback from our end users, and in return given away lots of tasty goodies in regular competitions such as McVities Digestive Nibbles, Lucozade, Sahara Nuts, Tyrrell’s crisps, Jacob’s Cracker Crisps, Golden Wonder crisps and even a Caffitaly coffee machine! Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for a chance to win our next competition.
- It’s not all about us – through our commitment to our corporate social responsibility policy we’ve continued to support charities such as The Point Foundation; both by financing a young man in East Africa through his studies and by stocking Caffe Praego coffee, as well as charities closer to home such as Chris’s House.
- We held a huge Christmas giveaway to 10 charities selected by our clients, suppliers and vending machine customers, supporting Les Hoey MBE Dreammaker Foundation, Wishes For Kids Leicester, The Coming Home Centre, St Oswald’s Secondary School Glasgow, Girvan Youth Trust / Z1 Youth Bar, Fife Society for the Blind, Helping Hands Soup Kitchen Coatbridge, F.A.R.E Glasgow, REACH and Loaves and Fishes.
Of course, all of this wouldn’t be possible without our valued customers either, and we are proud to say that we work with some of the most successful companies and organisations in Scotland whose comparable professionalism, approach to business and integrity is indicative of the great relationships we have built with companies who a perfect fit for us. We’d like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for choosing to work with Excel year after year and look forward to working with you for years to come. Here’s to a record year!