Setting a high standard is good – maintaining that standard is commendable, but neither will guarantee continued growth and success – constantly improving standards is the only way that we remain one of the UK’s leading coffee and vending solutions providers.
Standing still is not an option at Excel Vending; whether it’s the equipment we provide, the stock we offer or the customer service we deliver, it’s all subject to constant review and ongoing improvement.
Recent evidence of this is our success in passing the new standards for ISO 9001:2015 (our processes and procedures), ISO14001 (Environmental Management) and ISO18001 (Occupational Health and Safety). We’ve also been renewed as a Safe Contractor and we’re full members of AVA (Automatic Vending Association) and have been for over 23 years. It is not difficult to appreciate that we are serious about continuous improvement. However, achieving these industry standards is only part of the story; we strive to improve every area of the business, particularly our customer service, again apparent through the awards we win specifically for our achievements in this area. It’s also not just our customers who appreciate our high standards, we’ve recently been recognised by our peers when we were named ‘Best Regional Operator 2018’ and ‘Best Overall Operator 2018’ at The Vendies, the UK vending industry’s national awards.
So not all coffee and vending companies are the same! Listed below are some of the current things we do, which we believe differentiates us from our competitors. We will continue to add to this list to ensure we never stand still.
What make us different…
- We are proud to confirm we have been CONTINUOUSLY trading for over 25 years and are the premier vending company in Scotland with a turnover in excess of £5m and servicing thousands of machines throughout Scotland
- AVA – We are accredited with the Automatic Vending Association’s Quality Standard
- AVS Membership for 20 Years – AVS member companies are experienced, professional vending specialists whose services are closely vetted and quality assured, to ensure only the best and the most committed are invited for membership
- Our MD is a Board Director of AVS and a Board Member of AVA
- Our Operations Director is on the Technical Committee of the AVS and on the Environmental Committee of the AVA
- Insurance Documentation – Employers Liability, Public & Product Liability and Vehicle Insurance
- We were the first Scottish vending company to be accredited with the following:
- ISO 9001:2015 (our processes and procedures) – Accredited with the NEW Standard
- ISO14001 (Environmental Management) – which we take very seriously: one of our important policies is that we have a zero waste policy on Customer sites, ensuring we bring back every piece of packaging to our facility for re-cycling
- ISO18001 (Occupational Health and Safety) – this is extremely important to us and Method Statements and Risk Assessments are carried out at every Customer Site before machines are uplifted or delivered. Each job within our organisation is also micro managed and appropriate methodology and risk assessments are carried out on a regular basis
- Safe Contractor – We have Safe Contractor accreditation; this is an SSIP approved health and safety assessment scheme for Contractors. This confirms and demonstrates we are taking responsibility for legal health and safety requirements
- Company Policies: Corporate and Social Policy, Health & Safety, Environmental Policy, Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy to name but a few
- Sustainability: We continuously seek ways in which to reduce any impact on the environment .
- Training – Every Team Member within our organisation has been trained appropriately within the confines of their role and appropriate industry recognised certification is held.
- Servicing and Maintenance of our equipment is extremely important – we have more Service Engineers field based than any other Scottish Vending Company– this ensures that our Customers have the correct service level agreement to suit their business and that optimum uptime of the equipment is achieved
- Operator Visits if required are regular and volume based. Our Operators (we have 23) visit and re-merchandise appropriately and also clean the equipment hygienically at every visit with Food Industry Approved cleaning materials. COSSH sheets are held and available for all cleaning materials
- Self Operated Sites – we offer full staff training on installed equipment. Method Statement and Risk Assessments are carried out at all sites before installation of new machines
- We have also become a Centre of Excellence with our Vendman IT Operating System, continually investing in the latest technology and ensuring complete transparency in reporting to our Customers and in everything we do. The Vendman Control System also eliminates the use of paper
- Coffee – we are specialist suppliers of Coffee; Beans and Instant/Tea/Chocolate/Milk/Sugar and all other associated peripherals. We have all major brands of Bean and Instant Coffee available from our Warehouse for immediate delivery. We also promote a coffee bean called Café Preago. I have attached a video link for your information as £3.00 (charitable donation) of every box of coffee sold is sent to the Point Foundation in Rwanda. https://vimeo.com/221712904
- Our Head Quarters are in East Kilbride and we have a new facility opening soon in Edinburgh offering great flexibility throughout Scotland .
- We are the only vending company to be registered members of Circular Glasgow and the Circle Lab promoting a circular economy
- We are members of ‘Have you got the Bottle’
- Environment – Excel take our environmental responsibilities seriously, so were delighted to be able to develop a working relationship with Keep Scotland Beautiful, one the of UK’s leading environmental charities. We are looking forward to working with them on environmental projects, particularly those linked to the challenge of recycling single use cups
- Reverse Vending – we have championed the Deposit Return Scheme and are UK Distributors of the RVM machine. We have a demonstrator model at our East Kilbride facility and actively engage with the Zero Waste Scotland consultation process.
- WEEE Regulations 2007 – all electrical equipment is disposed of or re-cycled as per the regulations with a transparent paperwork trail
- Awards – we have won many awards which we are proud to display at our HQ in East Kilbride.
For further information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 08456040111.