Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: East Kilbride
Responsible to: Financial Controller
Excel Vending was established in 1993 by Jane MacDonald and has grown to be Scotland’s leading independent vending company with a turnover in excess of £4m. We are a family owned business committed to excellence in everything we do. Following the appointment of a Financial Controller in January the organisation is seeking a Finance Assistant to join a newly formed team.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for posting to our purchase, sales and cash book postings to our finance system (Access Dimensions).
We are looking for an ambitious Finance Assistant to join our growing organisation. The candidate should be able to demonstrate the following experience:
– Worked in a similar role (min 1 year)
– Strong level of accuracy
– Excellent communication skills to respond to both customers and suppliers queries
– Tenacity to ensure that queries are resolved and that deadlines are achieved
– Desire to learn from other staff
– Able to work as part of a team
– Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
– Previous experience with Access Dimensions/Vendman would be beneficial
– Ability to identify improvements in how tasks are accomplished
– Currently undertaking accounting qualification (such as AAT or ACCA)
What we’ll offer
– Friendly and supportive work environment
– Free on site parking
– Competitive salary
– Support for undertaking further qualifications
If you are interested in this role please submit a CV and a covering letter indicating your salary expectation and notice period. These should be forwarded the attention of Thomas Ward, Financial Controller, Excel Vending, Unit 12, Kelvin South Business Park, G75 0YG. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 12th February. Agencies should not apply.